The Final Team Tournament rosters and any outstanding fees are due no later than the May 10, 2018 meeting. Clubs that needed anglers to fish in the Team Tournament or any anglers in clubs that are available to fish for other clubs in the Team Tournament should contact Secretary Nick Angiulo (firstname.lastname@example.org) immediately and he will attempt to facilitate these parties getting together. Any clubs in need of the Final Roster Form should also contact Secretary Angiulo.
NEW JERSEY BASS FEDERATION 2018 NATIONAL SEMI-FINAL TOURNAMENT CLUB QUALIFYING GUIDELINES
This year’s The Bass Federation (TBF) District 15 National Semi-Final event will be hosted by the Rhode Island Bass Federation. We have been informed that the location and dates of this event will be Lake Champlain out of Ticonderoga on September 8 and 9, 2018. For this year, TBF has changed its criteria for members from clubs to fish in the National Semi-Final. In year’s past, TBF allowed clubs in good standing that met the State’s eligibility requirements to send only one Boater and one Co-Angler to the National Semi-Final who have not otherwise qualified through the tournament circuit or Team Tournament. For 2018, the TBF is allowing more club members to potentially be eligible, as outlined below:
|Active Club Members|
|6 to 19||20 to 29||30 to 39|
With that in mind, the NJBF has established the following criteria for club eligibility in this program in 2018.
- The club must have at least six registered “mother” members as of May 1, 2018.
- The club must be in good standing. In order to be considered in good standing, a club must attend the two 2018 quarterly NJBF meetings (May 10, August 9) that will occur prior to the National Semi-Final and have met all of its financial commitments to the NJBF by May 10, 2018.
- The club must compile a minimum of 13 points as of the completion of the NJBF’s final event of the 2018 season. Clubs with more than 19 active members will be required to attain additional points in order to be eligible to send additional boaters/co-anglers as listed in the chart above. The chart below indicates the angler allotment entitlements of clubs that meet all requirements listed:
|Active Club Members|
|6 to 19||20 to 29||30 to 39|
- Points will be awarded as follows:
- A club will be awarded one point per “mother” member participating in the 2018 NJBF Team Tournament with his mother club.
- A club will be awarded one point per “mother” member participating in any of the three 2018 NJBF point tournaments. This is cumulative so, for example, one member who fishes all three point tournaments earns 3 points for his club.
- A club will be awarded one point if its number of registered “mother” members exceeds the number of “mother” members from 2017 as of May 1, 2018.
- A club will be awarded one point per event as determined by the Board of Directors for any assistance rendered to the Tournament Director during the event.
- The Board of Directors reserves the right to add methods in which clubs can be awarded points or lower the minimum number required.
NOTES: The entry fee assigned for the National Semi-Final by the TBF is $200 for a Boater and $100 for a Co-Angler. The NJBF is not responsible for any participants’ entry fee or any associated expenses. The highest finishing Boater and Co-Angler from each State at the National Semi-Final will qualify for the 2019 TBF National Championship.
Reminder! The next mandatory New Jersey Bass Federation meeting is Thursday, February 1 at 8:00 p.m. at the American Legion hall located at 232 Union Avenue, Somerville, New Jersey. As the 2017 tournament awards will be presented, it is requested that those individuals receiving awards try to attend. Individuals receiving awards are as follows:
BOATERS: Angler of the Year – Manny Cruz
Lunker of the Year – Keith Kurpicki
Rookie of the Year – Bill Selawsky, Jr.
CO-ANGLERS: Angler of the Year – Donny Diggs
Lunker of the Year – Donny Diggs
Rookie of the Year – Ben Dain
2017 TEAM TOURNAMENT: WINNING TEAM – Big “D” Valley Bassmasters – Nick Angiulo; Kevin Kelly; Dexter Marshall; Ryan McGinty; Glenn Savino; Bruce Stearn.
Additionally, all clubs should be registered in the TBF system by the date of the meeting. There are several clubs that have not yet registered. Contact Secretary Nick Angiulo (email@example.com) as soon as possible if you need assistance registering your club. If your club is not yet registered and registers after receiving this message, please send the payment for the generated invoice immediately or bring the payment to the meeting. There are also some clubs that have registered but have not yet paid the invoice. Those clubs should bring the payment to the meeting.
Further, preliminary Team Tournament rosters are due at the meeting along with any associated fees. Remember, the Team Tournament fees are as follows: $100 per member fishing ($600 for a full team). If your club is not participating in the Team Tournament, the minimum $100 payment is required. The final Team Tournament rosters and any outstanding payments are due at the May 10 meeting. Please use the Team Tournament Final Roster Form & the Team Tournament Fees Form provided.
Finally, all clubs should remit the required annual club dues in the amount of $50 at the meeting.
Any club with questions about the above should contact Secretary Nick Angiulo (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible.
Thursday, February 1 (one week earlier than usual – 2017 awards to be distributed. 2018 preliminary Team Tournament rosters and payments for the 2018 Team Tournament are due. Final rosters are due at the May meeting)
Location: American Legion Hall in Somerville, NJ
As a reminder, not all clubs have registered in the TBF system for 2018. Please try to re-register your club/members and mail the payment to the address listed on the invoice ASAP!