NEW JERSEY BASS FEDERATION BUDDY TOURNAMENT PROCEDURES – April 9, 2017 – Lake Hopatcong
Below are the procedures for the April 9, 2017 Lake Hopatcong Buddy Event. Please read these instructions carefully. If you have any questions, please contact either Tournament Director Dan Goykhman at 973-517-6325 or Secretary Nick Angiulo at 609-598-1512. It is suggested that anglers print a copy of these procedures out and keep them with them on the water.
For this event, registration will begin promptly at 5:30 a.m. and end at 6:30 a.m. All teams must register/check in. No entrants will be admitted after 6:30 a.m.
a. Teams pre-registered, which have already been assigned their boat number via e-mail will be required to check in and, if they have not already done so, to read and sign the Release Form. They will then receive a plate with their boat number. b. Teams registering at the ramp will be required to provide proof that at least one team member is a TBF member, pay the required $160 registration fee in cash, and read and sign the Release Form prior to receiving their boat number and plate. c. Once through registration, launch your boat as soon as possible if you have not already done so. As there are multiple tournaments on the lake that day, please take your boat away from the ramp area and stage on the far side of the cove, near the large concrete dock [straight across the cove from the rock jetty] and wait there until the beginning of the event. d. We plan to promptly begin the event at 7:00 a.m. (or earlier if there is safe light and all boats are ready) and will be giving final on-the-water instructions just prior to that time. The launch boat will be the final boat in the field, a Skeeter wrapped in a VFX logo. This event will be launched in boat number order. Flights and flight times will be assigned that morning as necessary. In any case, the first flight will be required to be in at 3:00 p.m.
Boat Check/Blast Off
After all teams receive final on-the-water instructions, we will begin launching in boat number order. Boats will be required to idle past the launch boat with their live wells open, navigation lights in an on (if necessary) and displaying their boat number plate.
Afternoon Check-In Procedures
1. All boats must check in at the end of the event prior to the time assigned for their flight and display their boat number. Failure to check in is cause for disqualification. The afternoon check-in area will be communicated the morning of the event. Afternoon check-in will begin at 2:45 p.m. If you return earlier than that time and wish to be considered on time, you still must go back and
check in prior to your flight time with the individual responsible for afternoon check-in. If you otherwise leave the event for any reason prior to 2:45 p.m. (and are not planning on weighing in), you can either text [preferable] or call Tournament Director Dan Goykhman at 973-517-6325 or Secretary Nick Angiulo at 609-598-1512, indicate you boat number and that you are leaving without weighing in.
2. Once you are checked in, please trailer your boat as soon as possible as this will be a trailed weigh in.
1. The weigh-in will begin as soon as tournament staff is ready (hopefully no later than 3:15 p.m.). We will only accept fish brought to the scales via New Jersey Bass Federation weigh bags, which staff will make available at the onset of the weigh-in. If no bags are available, please form a bag line (you will be instructed where to do so by tournament staff). Do not attempt to weigh in any fish prior to the beginning of the weigh-in unless instructed to do so by tournament staff.
2. After weighing in, please return your bags intact to the bag line area for availability to other teams.
After Weigh-In Procedures
We ask that anglers return to the weigh-in area after weighing in for the awards presentation if possible.
1. There is a five-fish limit per boat in this event and all bass must be a minimum of 12 inches long. Only largemouth and smallmouth bass will be weighed. Additionally, the proper New Jersey fishing license is required as well as a valid boat insurance policy. Tournament staff may require the presentation of these documents at any time. Failure to produce such documents will be grounds for disqualification. 2. Please note that any team winning more than $1,200 in the aggregate will be required to provide each member’s social security number. 3. Any individuals wishing to assist tournament staff with anything on tournament day are welcome and encouraged to do so. Please contact Dan or Nick as soon as possible if you are willing to help.
4. Anyone taking pictures at the event, please feel free to forward them to Nick Angiulo at firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion on the website and Facebook site.